Thursday, December 6, 2012

Super Simple Fudge Brownies


I promised my daughter something chocolate-y and these brownies definitely hit the spot with her. They are super easy and relatively quick to make. I adapted my recipe from my trusty BHG 11th edition cookbook.

Super Simple Fudge Brownies (yields:  24 brownies)
10 tbsp. butter
6 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 c. spent grain flour
5/8 c. all-purpose flour
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line an 8x8x2 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick spray and set aside (I like using the foil because I find it easier to get the brownies out of the pan). 

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.  Once butter is melted, add the cocoa powder.  Stir to combine.  Remove from heat.

Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla.  Stir till just combined.  Stir in flour.  If you like nuts in your brownies, fold in about 1/2 cup.

Pour/spread batter into prepared pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.  Cut into bars and dust the tops with powdered sugar.


Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment