Saturday, December 1, 2012

Butter Beer Bread


The last few weeks have been very busy.  I was glad this morning when I had a chance to bake something.  I decided to try a quick bread.  This bread is an adaptation from a honey beer bread recipe.  Of course I used some spent grains and the beer involved this time is a Hitachino Nest White clone - which by the way is fabulous!  I found this quick bread to be very yummy.  It is great by itself, but I am sure it would be great with some butter spread or crumbled into a nice stew or chili.

Butter Beer Bread (yields 1 loaf)
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. spent grain flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. honey
12 oz. beer
1/4 c. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease a loaf pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper (I actually forgot to grease the pan; however I did line the bottom of the pan - there is plenty of butter being used.  I used a stone loaf pan and I really don't think that the parchment paper is necessary).

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.

In a small bowl, mix beer and honey together.  Add beer mixture to the dry mixture and combine with a wooden spoon.

Pour 1/8 c. of the melted butter in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.  Spoon batter into the pan evenly.  Top with the remaining 1/8 c. of melted butter.


Bake in 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.  Cool for an additional 10 minutes on a wire rack.  Serve warm.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment